How to Switch to Walden Savings Bank
Walden Savings banking starts the moment you open your checking account with us. You’ll be amazed at how simple we’ve made the switch for you. We’ll help you move your direct deposits and automatic debits. We’ll even help you close your old account. So let’s get started!
Step 1: Open a checking account with us. Simply visit any Walden Savings branch. We’ll be happy to answer your questions. We’ll even help you find the perfect checking account to fit your lifestyle, from Free Checking to checking with interest or checking with lots of extra features. We’ve provided a handy Account Opening Checklist to help you get together the information you’ll need to open your account.
Step 2: Then relax. We’ll help you switch your current bank services. We’ll be happy to assist you with completing and mailing all the necessary forms. If you could bring your most recent bank statement with you, that would be a big help. And if you don’t have all the information with you, don’t worry. We can help you there, too.
Step 3: Close your old account. We’ve provided a checklist to help you do this. Be sure to check your old direct deposits and automatic payments to make sure they are being made on your new Walden Savings account. Then mail the Account Closing Request Form to your old bank.
That’s all there is to it. Welcome to Walden Savings banking.
Account Opening Checklist
Information we’ll need to open your new Walden Savings Bank checking account:
- Name & Address
- Tax ID Number or Social Security Number
- Home Phone & Work Phone
- Date of Birth
- Current State or Government Issued Picture Identification
Account Closing Checklist
- Make sure all checks have cleared your old checking account or that you have sufficient funds remaining to cover checks or payments that have not cleared.
- Have you sent authorizations to change Direct Deposit to all your current depositors, changing your bank and account number to your new Walden Savings account?
- Have you sent authorizations to change Automatic Payment to all your current payees, changing your bank and account number to your new Walden Savings account?
Important Forms You May Need
For your convenience we've prepared a few letters and forms that you may use to make switching to WSB as quick and easy as possible.