Auto Buying Tipsback to Consumer home
Be An Educated Buyer
- Be pre-approved for an auto loan prior to visiting a dealership
- Research the car you intend to buy online
- Don’t buy on impulse or emotion
- Watch out for fees added to the bottom line such as Dealer Prep
- There are many moving parts during the buying process and once the price of the auto has been agreed upon, you can then determine if the financing provided by the dealership, or the trade-in value of your existing car, is at fair market. (See below for a scenario where the lower rate costs you more)
|Annual Percentage Rate||4.49%||2.49%|
|Total Cost Over Life of Loan||$27,957||$28,744|
|We know you would like to have an extra $787 in your pocket!|
- In most instances selling your trade-in on your own will be better financially for you. It may take a little more effort but the rewards can be significant. Dealers do not pay retail for your trade-in!!
- Most Importantly: Knowing that you are already pre-approved will help you to negotiate the final price of the car prior to any discussion related to dealership financing, interest rates or trade-ins.
Auto Loan Rates
as of 12/21/16 10:10:06 AM
Want to talk with someone?
Call (845) 457-8222 or Have
One of Our Consumer Loan
Your request has been received. We will contact you as requested.Thank you.
If you are a customer of Walden Savings Bank and have a question regarding your existing loan, please call:
845-457-7700 - option 3